Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Childhood and Crayons

I don't know what it is about the smell of a box of brand new crayons, but they are intoxicating to me and bring me back to those first days of school and going to buy school supplies.  The big box of 64, of course, was the prized possession in my desk.

I was looking at quotes again this morning and found some I would like to share about crayons, children and imagination...I KNOW you all love crayons, precious children and the wonder of imagination, right? If you have forgotten, go buy a new box of crayons, open them up, take a whiff and then share them with your child or grandchild drawing pictures or coloring in a color book...I used to love buying coloring books too :)

But first, here's a little story that I think is something everyone should do because it put alot of smiles on the faces of many adults that were siblings and cousins in their 40's-50's.  My ex-husband's late grandmother used to keep scrapbooks with news articles and pictures of all the grandchildren and families, etc.  She had albums and albums of them put away.  These are now family gems as they are pulled out often at family gatherings and reunions.

One of her daughter-in-laws found them and a bunch of pages from coloring books that almost every single grandchild had colored on...Grandma Olina had each grandchild write their name on each page that they colored.  Auntie Terry was able to find one page from each grandchild, had them framed and presented it to them at one of the reunions.  Needless to say it was very special to all of them and brought back precious memories of their grandmother besides the feeling of childhood nostalgia.  Maybe we should all make a box specifically for all of those priceless, colored pages and throw them in...hopefully someday an Auntie will find that box of artwork and decide to put them to good use again.

So with children, crayons and imagination in mind, here are a few quotes I found today that I enjoyed.  I will pass them onto you!

Your attitude is like a box of crayons that color your world. Constantly color your picture gray, and your picture will always be bleak. Try adding some bright colors to the picture by including humor, and your picture begins to lighten up. ~ Allen Klein

A rose can say "I love you", orchids can enthrall, but a weed bouquet in a chubby fist, yes, that says it all ~unknown

The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child ~ Joe Houldsworth

There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million ~ Walt Streightiff

It's never too late to have a happy childhood ~ Tom Robbins

If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older ~ Tom Stoppard

Life is about using the whole box of crayons ~ RuPaul

If you want an interesting party sometime, combine cocktails and a fresh box of crayons for everyone ~ Robert Fulghum

Give crayons.  Adults are disturbingly impoverished of these magical dream sticks ~ Dr. SunWolf

My childhood smells like a box of Crayola crayons ~ Terri Guillemets

We could learn alot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others are bright, some have weird names, but they have all learned to live together in the same box. ~ Robert Fulghum

A grownup is a child with layers on ~ Woody Harrelson

My childhood may be over, but that doesn't mean playtime is ~ Ron Olson

And my favorite of them all today:

Trust that little voice in your head that says "Wouldn't it be interesting if..." And then DO IT ~ Duane Michals

1 comment:

  1. Julie, This post gave me just the right inspiration for a treatment plan I am working on...Thank you for your creative mind and sharing it with us..Sherrie

    ReplyDelete