Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Recipe of the Day #2 ~ 7/21/11

Yet another recipe book from the early 80's.  This one was purchased during my stint as a legal secretary in San Antonio. I was a member of the Texas Association of Legal Secretaries so just HAD to have this cookbook! I was about 20 and just starting my "collection".  The recipe I'm sharing out of this cookbook, has been used many, many times over the years and is perfect during the summer when you have zucchini coming out of your ears from the garden.  So enjoy this one as well!









Pineapple Zucchini Bread 
(makes 2 loaves)

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 c. canola oil
2 cups zucchini, peeled, grated and drained
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup chopped nuts
(since I'm a nut freak I use 1 cup, and I use walnuts)

Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and oil until fluffy; add zucchini. Combine all dry ingredients and add to egg mixture, mixing well. Stir in pineapple and nuts. Pour into 2 greased and floured 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pans. Bake at 325 for 60 minutes or until bread tests done. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove and cool completely before slicing...YEAH RIGHT! I have to have a warm piece with butter right away!!! But that's just me...

No comments:

Post a Comment