Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Recipe of the Day #1 ~ 7/21/11


I forgot to post a recipe yesterday so you get two today!  A tidbit about me most of you don't know is I collect recipe books and have many...many that are still in Minnesota, but nonetheless, they are mine and I will get them when I move the rest of my "stuff" to Texas.  Now that there are so many food shows and magazines and of course, internet, I have a few magazine subscriptions and pick up a few here and there at the store...I just can't help it sometimes while I'm standing in line waiting to check out and all these gorgeous pictures of colorful dishes are staring at me! What is a girl supposed to do? Especially one that likes to cook? And I wonder why I stay the same weight....guess that would be part of the reason!  Anyway, here is a recipe that was given to me my by dear friend Patricia "Patti" Ogle.  We met while working together at a law firm in Laredo, Texas in the early 80's and have stayed friends ever since.  She made me this little cook book of some of her easy favorites for me...here is my favorite of them all and one I still use a few times a year. Always served with wheat buns and green bean casserole!

Beef Curry

1 medium onion chopped
1 lb ground beef
1 TB butter
1 4-6 oz can of mushrooms (I use the pieces and stems cuz I don't like huge pieces)
salt and pepper to taste
1 c. white rice (uncooked)
2 cans beef bouillion (I use Campbell's)
2 tsp curry powder (I use 1 tsp)
1 TB Worchestershire sauce

Saute onions in butter, brown meat and add seasonings. Mix all ingredients in a casserole dish and bake 1 hour at 350, uncovered.  Serves 6-8.


As you can see, it has been used alot! And Shelby got ahold of it when she was a wee child and scribbled her "poetry" on every page in the entire book! Makes it that much more precious, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment