Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Great, Positive, Exciting Week!

Here's a little story of something that JUST happened to me about 2 minutes ago...I am at work and walked over from my office to the main Clubhouse/Admin Office.  On that little trek, I walk behind the clubhouse where I pass the 18th hole and the practice putting green.  About a month ago I found a couple of golf balls in the shrubs so now every time I walk over there I look for those white, little dimpled balls. I know, silly, but entertaining to me nonetheless.  I'm really a simple gal.

So a few minutes ago I walked over and on my way I told myself "I'm GOING to find a golf ball today, I know it and I believe it!" (Oh, and I visualize it) And lo and behold, I look below the shrubs where I found the first two a month ago and there lies a single golf ball!  It gets better :)  Since I was now below the shrubs near the 18th hole, I had to take a different path to get back up to the clubhouse...well wouldn't you know it, I found TWO more!  I know this sounds SO simple BUT little things like this happen to me ALL the time now!  I love how it brings a smile to my face and brightens my already bright day...for real.

For the past year I've been really focusing on positive thinking and starting the day off being grateful and with a smile on my face.  Years ago I remember people always telling me to "smile".  I must have just had the most awful expression on my face for strangers and friends to TELL me to smile! Wow.  I used to dress just a frumpy as I felt and it evidently showed.  I bought the DVD The Secret many years ago and loved everything about it.  I tried to incorporate it's message into my life but it just wasn't working.  A few times it did and after I made a life changing decision to move back to Texas and focus on my happiness and got away from the negativity that was my life, things changed drastically and very fast.

I have watched the DVD quite a few times this year and have really focused on my attitude and being grateful for what I have, not what I don't, and having a smile on my face all the time to everyone, even strangers.  It is amazing how just walking into a room with a smile on your face attracts people to you...doors open and opportunity just seems to appear everywhere!  It's what you do with those open doors and opportunity that counts...and I'm going to keep smiling and walking through every open door and seize every opportunity that is thrown my way!!!! Watch out people, cuz this little Texan is raring to go and is burning a bright new trail! Yee Haw!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment