Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Walkin' After Midnight

Just listened to Patsy Cline's Walkin' After Midnight on the stereo here at the office.  This song will always remind me of my daughter Shelby as it is one of her all-time favorite songs...she heard this song at a County Fair when she was about 10 and has loved it since.  She's one of "those" people who knows all the words to every song that you can imagine, from hip hop to rock and of course country, including classic country.  She was the one that provided the CD's for the run in  music for volleyball and basketball for years...and still texts me or calls me and says "listen to such and such song"!  So I go to Itunes and look up whatever song it is and 9 times out of 10 I love the song.  She used to find songs that no one had heard and bring them to school and most of the kids would ask who she was listening to so they could go download the song too! We certainly have the love of music in our blood...the latest album she called me about was Colt Ford's new CD.  That was one out of the 10 that I did not like as it's too much rap mixed with country.  She got to meet him last year and have her picture taken with him at Country Fest in Minnesota.  Just couldn't get into Colt Ford.  I like his name though :)

One guy that she told me to listen to last Spring was Brantley Gilbert, Kick it in the Sticks.  I googled it and fell in love with the video and the song...come to find out 4 or 5 songs that he has written have become hits for Jason Aldean.  He is finally getting some recognition and starting to tour.  Google that video on youtube! It is a bad ass song and video....seriously.

I think I'll go watch it now....

No comments:

Post a Comment