Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Yes I Admit, I Have a Bowl Fetish

 I have collected bowls for quite a few years and my "Minnesota" collection is, well, still in Minnesota :(  So I decided to start my "Texas" collection in the hopes that one day soon they will be merged.

I'm pretty proud to say that all of these bowls were purchased at a thrift store, namely Goodwill.  Yes, good ole' Goodwill...which I hate to admit is my new addiction. There, I went and admitted it...dang.  But seriously people, you just can't even believe what you can find at the Goodwill stores here in Texas! And there are 22 of them in Austin! You could spend all day long driving around going to Goodwill stores and finding a treasure at each one....I haven't done that yet, as there are two that I really like and seem to find some sort of prize or treasure that puts a smile on my face.  The first picture is a HUGE bowl that I put veggies from the garden in or have used to serve meals as well.  I think I paid $4 for it and it is from Italy.  The second bowl is great for fruit and I paid $3 for this clear beauty.   The third, and one of my favorites, I use to serve vegetables in and I paid all of $2 for it...the bugs and bees make me smile.  The pedestal bowl is another favorite and I use it to put veggies from garden or for serving delicious coffee cakes in :)  I believe I paid $4 or $5 for it.  The bird bowl looks to be an antique and when I brought it up to pay for it an older lady saw it and while drooling, said "you got yourself a nice bowl there young lady"!  I paid $3 for it...the two smaller bowls I haven't used yet but will use them for dips and I paid $1 for each of them.  One is from Pier One and the other has R.R.P. stamped on it.  I looked it up and it's from Robinson Ransbottem Pottery of Roseville, Ohio.  Company started in early 1900's...I think it's worth a little more than a dollar :)  And of course I've found all kinds of other goodies in the dish/glassware isles.  That's another post!  I will try and post whenever I get a new "treasure" in my search for the next bowl to add to my collection.




No comments:

Post a Comment