Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Treasure Hunting on My Day Off

Soooo...here are some of my finds yesterday..my new hobby, shopping for things, some I need, some I just want and some needed to add a little personality to the abode!  Everything in this first picture was $.99 each.  We were making margaritas the other day and didn't have a strainer for them... of course that went on my mental list to look for at Goodwill!  Much to my surprise I found one in the first "kitchen tool" basket I picked up AND it has a bone handle which is a bonus.  Saw this cute little nut cracker and mini whisk in the same basket and thought they would all look cute in the little Basil dish.

The second picture is of two unique wall decor that I fell in love with!  I love rustic looking things and it will go with my furniture when I get it from Minnesota.  Everyone tells me they are scones and should be turned the other way for a candle, but I didn't see them in my mind that way, at all :)  I saw two distressed metal antelope horns!  And I knew exactly where they were going to go as well!  We bought this big tall clay pot the weekend before in Laredo ($18) and that corner needed something on the wall by it...so the antelope horns went there...I love it. Oh and the pair were $2.99~


These three black iron rope thingies were laying right by my antelope horns and I had to have them as well.  I had never seen anything like either one so was thrilled to find them laying side by side just waiting for little ole' me!  I knew they would look awesome on someone's wall, that someone being ME! These were $3.99!

 My favorite color is burnt orange so when I saw all of these grouped together I had to have them as well...the cork on the glass jar (which is actually pretty big) was really dirty but with a scrubber it came off easily. These three pieces were $5 total.
 Okay, okay, so I have a thing for pottery items as well, especially little pieces, but the bigger ones talk to me too.  I swear they whisper so only I can hear...look at me, look at me...take me home, pretty please?  So each of the little guys were $.99 each and the two in the back were $2.99 each.  The two pretty cork stoppers were $.99 each as well...can you tell I love the $.99 price?  Tim and I went to another one last night to look for a night lamp since I like to read at night...of course found a brand new white one for $5.99 :) anyhoo, I would pick up things and put them back down because I thought anything over $.99 was too much!  He thinks it's pretty funny how frugal I am when it comes to shopping at Goodwill.  He loves to remind me what we pay for a nice dinner with a bottle of wine on occasion...but it's the thrill of the hunt!
Here are my plates that I LOVE!!! It's hard to tell what the real colors are by this picture, but they are very earthy, more deep rust...I immediately picked them up was thrilled that there were 5 of each size and even MORE thrilled when I turned them over and saw they were Sango China and SUPER DUPER thrilled when I saw the price!!!  $.99 for each dinner plate and $.59 for each salad plate...when I looked them up online I was shocked at the bargain I had just found.  This little shopping excursion just kept getting better and better!

This is another of my favorites of the day...it is stamped Vino D Italia...$2.99. It reminds me of the movie Message in a Bottle...I might just write a note and roll it up and put it in there!  Love this guy though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment